Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I guess it really is a "chick" thing

From: <gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: 5 Jun 1997 07:19:05 EDT
Subject: I guess it really is a "chick" thing
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Everyone keeps posting fave females, and so far only a couple males
have shown up.  This implies that either my original statement was
pretty close to the truth (that this "genre" is (almost) exclusively
female), or that most of the posters are man-haters ;-) .

Some further comments on faves:

Bel Canto:  Yeah, I liked their first couple albums, but Magic Box
            really sucks.

Loreena McKennit:  I have a hard time staying awake through her latest
            album.  Something I would never say about Kate.

Enya:  As I stated once before, I feel like I'm eating what looks and
            tastes a wonderful baked potato, only to find that half the
            the insides are missing just when I'm really into it. That
            said, I do have and play most of her albums.

Leonard Cohen:  Another "chick" thing? ;-)

So, WHAT MALE SINGERS (if any) INHABIT YOUR PLAYER?
Although I too seem to be partial to women singers, here is my list
of men, in no particular order, and without regard to "genre":

- Peter Murphy
- Bruce Springsteen
- Peter Gabriel
- BareNaked Ladies
- Harry Chapin
- Elvis Costello
- (selected) Phish, Screaming Trees
- Jimi Hendrix

Neal Mulvenna   IBM Global Services, CLT, NC           __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
CLT (704) 594-3546 Tuscaloosa (205) 507-3553..........\__/..\__/.......