Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: there goes a tenner lyrical question

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 00:15:55 -0400
Subject: Re: there goes a tenner lyrical question
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Brian Dillard asks:

>i love this track for its wry humor, amusing details and bouncy
>melody. but i've never understood the closing lines.
>
>*there goes a tenner, there goes a fiver, remember them, that's when
>we used to vote for him (dun-duh-duh)*

And could someone a bit more savvy about British politics explain to us who
HE is?  The one "we" used to vote for?  I've been waiting fifteen years to
ask that question!

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/