Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI Centenary Series (Was KBC and a note from Kate!!)

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:00:49 -0800
Subject: EMI Centenary Series (Was KBC and a note from Kate!!)
To: darrh@flash.net
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 10:33 AM -0800 6-5-97, Darrell Henry wrote:

<snip>

>The newsletter also mentioned the release of the Centenary Series
>re-release of "Hounds of Love". The extra tracks will be: The Big Sky
>(Meteorological Mix)/RUTH 12"/Be Kind To My Mistakes/Under The
>Ivy/Burning Bridge & My Laga Love. The digitally remastered CD will come
>in a slip case with a 20 page booklet, 6 additional photos and new
>sleeve notes. Sounds really cool.

I have the Centenary Series release of Morrissey's classic "Viva Hate".
It's pretty bogus. Some of the eight bonus tracks on the Morrissey album
aren't appropriate for the time period and others that are got left off.
Also, the original booklet (that included lyrics) that came with the album
is no more. Now it's just a four-pager with a pic in the middle. Very lame!

If you think you want the self-congratulatory "EMI 100" booklet, think again.

What do you think of this...

"EMI's two most important British female pop artists during this period
('80s and '90s) were Kate Bush and Sheena Easton."

Whomever (Peter Martland and/or Barney Southin) put KB and SE in the same
sentence should be quickly and painfully executed. (Sorry,  no appeals will
be allowed!)

Maybe the "HoL" release will be different (it sounds like it, but don't
count on it), but keep in mind that this dismal label dropped the Sex
Pistols after putting out one of the greatest debut singles in the history
of recording.

- Don