Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Five least favorite

From: Sav <MDA95SI@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:05:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Five least favorite
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

> I LOVE the Trio!
>
> Ok, I sound like a broken record.  I don't understand why anyone
> would dislike the tb.  I truely am shocked by the amount of KT
> bashing.  I thought I would be amongst other FANatics, but I guess I
> was wrong.

No....you weren't wrong.....one of the things I like about the
Love-hounds list is that most of us can be objective and admit that
Kate isn't neccessarily the "Perfect Being".........she does makes
mistakes and I find it refreshing that we are able to talk about
this.   On some lists (even this one a couple of years ago!) one
comment like "I don't like Babooshka" could result  in mountains of
of hate mail!  (I received about 80 for the Babooshka comment!)

These days people a re far more relaxed......Kate is human.....and we
can recognise that......and saying "I don't like Babooshka"
indicates, to me at least,  that there are at least another 80 songs that i DO
like.......not a bad average for 1 artist!!!!

We're not bashing.......just commenting.   Imagine how dull the list
wpould be if we just sat around a said...
"kates's good, isn't she"
"Yeah"
" um.....no, REALLY good"

all the time ?

Just a thought......

Love Will.......xx
"We are a dangerous species; the only species
we know of that is in imminent danger of it
own survival."      RD Laing