Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Leave It Open & the 9th Wave & backwards

From: Matt Humphrey <stock@capital.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 09:57:49 +0000
Subject: Re: Leave It Open & the 9th Wave & backwards
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Re: Leave It Open . . . The line is "We let the weirdness in"
according to the lyrics published in the Lyric section of Kate's
songbook "Kate Bush Complete" (published by EMI in '87 to accompany
The Whole Story project).  In a very amusing typographical error, the
lyric printed below the actual bars of music in this same book reads
"We let the weird nobs in".

Re: the 9th Wave: I was in the 9th grade when HOL/9th Wave came out,
and the entire 9th Wave side went right over my head then.  With
subsequent listenings, discussions, and --egad!!--twelve years (!!!)
to contemplate it, I now consider it an incredible work.  Far less
accessible than HOL proper, it can be a mind-blowing adventure just
listening to it.

re: backwards messages.  For a long time I thought there might be a
backward message at the end of Get Out of My House, where the deep
voices reat something which sounds like "nugging, na-na-nock, na-na
nugging na-nock".  Is this just noise or does it have a meaning?
Anyone know?

Matt

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Heights/2088/noodle.html

 "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success
is sure."
-Mark Twain