Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big Z

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Big Z
To: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 9:40 AM -0000 6-3-97, Mike Wade wrote:
>slagging off such wonderful tracks as Mother Stands for Comfort and The
>Kick Inside led the Gaffaweb computer (which is itself a big Kate fan)
>to decide to carry on humming away at some Kate tunes to itself rather
>than pass on  such absurdities.

<snip>

>Love to all, and, please, no more "worst 5s" !

Oh, I think they're kinda fun.

Can someone explain to me the disparity on the "Hounds of Love" album? The
"Hounds of Love" side (when it was an LP, kids) has five songs that ALL
rank among KB's best. However, I find "The Ninth Wave" side to be
completely unlistenable. How is it she recorded her best and worst at the
same time?

- Don