Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A funny thing happened to me in the car

From: Sav <MDA95SI@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:39:16 +0100
Subject: Re: A funny thing happened to me in the car
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

> >Turns out it was Tori; Cornflake Girl.  I frankly haven't listened to
> >much Tori, don't own any of her albums, and have largely stayed out of
> >the Kate/Tori debate.  But based on what I've heard, including my
> >experience on the radio, I have to say that Tori is definitely in
> >Kate's mold.  Tori is obviously talented, and has her own quirks and
> >strengths, but she is definitely working in the shadow of Kate.
> >
> >Just my opinion.
> >

> >Matt
>
> What.......based on one song?

Of course the "You bet your life it is" chorus does bear an uncanny
resemblance to Kate.....but then "There Goes A tenner" reminds me of
Anthony Newley........MY GOD!!!! KATE IS THE NEW
ANTHONY NEWLEY!!!!

love Will.......xx
"We are a dangerous species; the only species
we know of that is in imminent danger of it
own survival."      RD Laing