Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big Z

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:03:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Big Z
To: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Cc: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

ok - I agree that looking at worst 5s could be "kinda interesting", my
"pissed off gaffacomputer"  yarn was meant to be slightly tongue in
cheek. I suppose it just feels wrong though. We're not analysing a long
deceased artist. but a living, breathing one, who is highly self
critical and has asked us "to be kind to my mistakes".  And then the
plea to "the heavy people" to "please feel it".  Maybe where a song
doesn't seem to work it is us who have failed to keep up and understand
it, and not Kate who has written a pile of poo.

 And as for "Dongerous!" well...you can't stand The Ninth Wave???  HOW
CAN YOU   S A Y  THAT??!
My point proven?

Each to their own I suppose.

Love to all,
	Mike
>Can someone explain to me the disparity on the "Hounds of Love" album? The
>"Hounds of Love" side (when it was an LP, kids) has five songs that ALL
>rank among KB's best. However, I find "The Ninth Wave" side to be
>completely unlistenable. How is it she recorded her best and worst at the
>same time?

 - Don