Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A FAN'S disappointment...

From: "S.Irani-lewis" <MDA95SI@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:20:48 +0000
Subject: Re: A FAN'S disappointment...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

> Just writing to express how I've felt about Kate Bush, probably my
> favorite artist.  I'm disappointed and have felt that she really doesn't
> have anymore interest in making any more albums.  She's left her loyal
> fans hanging in the dark.  I'm wondering if anyone has felt this way as
> well.  Kate Bush fans have really been superlative to her, which other
> artist has such a devoted cult following?  Kate's really let us down.

Well.....the thing is......we're all kind of used to it now....four
years between albums isn't that long, really.....sort of...five years
could be a considered a bit tardy but four is pretty much on track....

But then you're talking to someone who's favourite artists include
The B-52's (average 4 years between albums), Xtc (closing up on 6
years since their last work) and Sparks (3-4 years between albums
isn't uncommon....it took five years for than last one to see the
light.........so for me it doesn't seem THAT bad :-)

And I'd rather wait 4-5 years for a quality album than have
substandard material thrust at us evry 12 months.

Having said that.......sigh!!!

Love Will......xx