Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CAN THIS BE KATE?

From: Ben Miller <bmiller5@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:11:04 -0800
Subject: Re: CAN THIS BE KATE?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I have the same CD, and I think your impression of her dimness (this
can't be - and isn't!) is a result of three things:

1) The recording quality is awful!
2) Kate has never been comfortable with interviews as far as I know
3) She's trying to explain what has already been so eloquently been
expressed in her music.  As a songwriter myself, I know how difficult it
is to explain what I'm trying to say even to musicians I'm playing with.

It's my considered opinion that in terms of musicians, Kate is as smart
as they come.

Cheers,
Ben
bmiller5@ix.netcom.com