Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q: Kate in the States?

From: rave123@pipeline.com (Dave the Rave)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:15:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Q: Kate in the States?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <ah401-1602970231190001@pm077-07.dialip.mich.net>,
ah401@detroit.freenet.org (William Crawford) wrote:

>    Something I've been trying to get answered definitively for most of the
>last decade...has Kate Bush ever been, let alone toured, in the U.S.?  I've
>been told (albeit not by even remotely reputable sources) that she did ONE
>tour shortly after _Hounds of Love_ was released, but I doubt it...I remember
>reading somewhere that she was afraid of flying.  ^_^  Can someone please,
>please clear up this fog?

Kate has never toured in the U.S.  However, there are at least 3 times
that I know of when she has been in the United States.  The first was when
she performed on the TV show "Saturday Night Live", in New York, in the
late '70s.  In the mid-80's,  she appeared on a TV news program called
"Live at Five" in New York, and just a few years ago, she signed albums
and met with fans at Tower Records, also in New York.

Does anyone know of any other U.S. appearances?

Dave the Rave

--
rave123@pipeline.com
Visit my webpage!    http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4964