Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Web lyrics stats

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 17:14:10 -0600
Subject: Web lyrics stats
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I thought everyone might be interested in some statistics I found
on my web server, specifically the references with Kates lyrics.

The numbers have been accumulated over about 10 months.

Top 10 viewed songs:
	802 Wuthering Heights [The Kick Inside]
	356 Experiment IV [Single]
	340 The Sensual World [The Sensual World]
	317 Running Up That Hill [Hounds Of Love]
	308 Mna Na h'Eireann [Common Ground Album]
	285 Babooshka [Never For Ever]
	268 Babooshka [Demo - piano]
	247 Army Dreamers [Never For Ever]
	245 Cloudbusting [Hounds Of Love]
	243 Hounds Of Love [Hounds Of Love]
Amazing! Look at the #1 hit count compared to #2. It's over double!

Bottom 10 viewed songs:
	103 You Want Alchemy [Red Shoes CD Single]
	103 Moving [Demo]
	101 While Davy Dozed [Demo]
	101 The Rare Flower [Demo]
	 98 Kite [Demo]
	 95 Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake [Demo]
	 94 Oh To Be In Love [Demo]
	 84 One Last Look Around The House Before We Go [GLC movie]
	 83 The Big Sky [The Meteorological Mix]
	 34 Running Up That Hill [Extended Mix]

Hmmm, most of those were demos, singles, and special mixes...

Bottom 10 view songs off main albums:
	119 Kashka From Baghdad [Lionheart]
	118 L'Amour Looks Something Like You [The Kick Inside]
	114 Symphony In Blue [Lionheart]
	113 Eat The Music [The Red Shoes]
	113 Constellation Of The Heart [The Red Shoes]
	111 Top Of The City [The Red Shoes]
	110 Why Should I Love You [The Red Shoes]
	109 Rocket's Tail [The Sensual World]
	105 Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake [Lionheart]
	105 Big Stripey Lie [The Red Shoes]

Stats accumlated by album:
	3907 Other (ie B-sides, mixes, etc)
	3781 Demo
	2662 The Kick Inside
	2444 Hounds Of Love
	1891 Never For Ever
	1776 The Sensual World
	1742 The Dreaming
	1599 The Red Shoes
	1478 Lionheart
although since each album has a different number of tracks, here are
the stats by dividing the hit count by the track count for each album:
	204.77 The Kick Inside
	203.67 Hounds Of Love
	174.20 The Dreaming
	171.91 Never For Ever
	161.46 The Sensual World
	150.27 Other
	147.80 Lionheart
	133.25 The Red Shoes
	121.97 Demo
which may or may not be an appropriate way to look at the numbers.

Since there has been interest in the demos recently...
Top 10 viewed demos:
	268 Babooshka [Demo - piano]
	171 Organic Acid [Demo]
	150 Babooshka [Demo - beatbox]
	143 Violin [Demo]
	142 The Craft Of Love [Demo]
	138 Rinfy The Gypsy [Demo]
	134 Hammer Horror [Demo]
	132 Come Closer To Me Babe [Demo]
	128 The Gay Farewell [Demo]
	122 Surrender Into The Roses [Demo]

Bottom 10 viewed demos:
	105 Where Are The Lionhearts [Demo]
	105 So Soft [Demo]
	105 Frightened Eyes [Demo]
	104 Strange Phenomena [Demo]
	103 Moving [Demo]
	101 While Davy Dozed [Demo]
	101 The Rare Flower [Demo]
	 98 Kite [Demo]
	 95 Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake [Demo]
	 94 Oh To Be In Love [Demo]

Note *ALL* songs have been viewed, including instrumentals!

Yes I know I should get them onto gaffaweb, but gaffaweb already has
some pretty lyric pages there. My pages are just simple text which
does make them fast (due to no pictures).
I've also been updating them to be the lyrics as heard, not the lyrics
as printed - yes there is quite a difference. Remember my page also has
the word search available, quite fun!
Check out:
	http://home.cray.com/~btd/kate-bush/
Yes you can have (a few) pictures, if you click on the "HTML version".

			Bryan Dongray