Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q: Kate in the States?

From: ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff)
Date: 20 Feb 1997 12:32:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Q: Kate in the States?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <ah401-1602970231190001@pm077-07.dialip.mich.net>,
ah401@detroit.freenet.org (William Crawford) wrote:

>     Something I've been trying to get answered definitively for most of the
> last decade...has Kate Bush ever been, let alone toured, in the U.S.?  I've
> been told (albeit not by even remotely reputable sources) that she did ONE
> tour shortly after _Hounds of Love_ was released, but I doubt it...I remember
> reading somewhere that she was afraid of flying.  ^_^  Can someone please,
> please clear up this fog?
>
> ...w.c.
> --
> +---------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
> |  Bill Crawford - ah401@detroit.freenet.org  | Genom Heavy Industries, Dev. |
> | ------------------------------------------- |         Complex West         |
> | "Remember when I told you we had no future? |  --------------------------  |
> |               Well...this is it!"           |  "We are your everything."   |
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Kate has been to New York city a few times. And I'm told she's been to the
Grand Canyon. That's it. She didn't tour (there was a rumor that she was
gonna tour after "Sensual World" but that's all it was), she's never
played a gig in Texas, she's only appeared live on one American TV show
for the purpose of performing (Saturday Night Live, 12/9/78), and THAT'S
IT.

Surely if she'd played a gig anywhere else in the states, we would have
all known about it by now.

Flying makes her ears hurt. She oughta stop smoking and chew some gum, fer
chrissakes.

That's another reason why she will never tour America--you can't smoke on
Airplanes. It's the same reason Frank Zappa stopped touring before he got
sick.

TT
TT