Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate look-Alikes

From: dlmyers@freenet.columbus.oh.us (David Myers)
Date: 8 Feb 1997 20:43:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate look-Alikes
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Robb McCaffree (nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu) wrote:
: Bonnie wrote:
: >
: > hallo
: >
: >         This may have been mentioned, but-- Mary Steenbergen, my god! There is this
: one seen in a rather insipid Malcolm McDowell
: movie called 'Time After Time
: >
: >                                                         Bonnie

: 	And now I forget if it was Mary Steenburgen
: or Anne Archer (I think it was a young Anne) who
: shared the screen with *Roddy* McDowall in another
: rather insipid flick called "Dead of Winter." Well,
: there's a scene when Anne, attempting to escape the
: mansion where Roddy is holding her captive, ends up
: crawling through the snow. At one point, she looks
: up and I half expected her to yell, "I can't hear
: you!" and Roddy to reply "You must sing back the
: symbols!"

: /+)* (line, cross, curve and snowflake)

: Robb

The actress was Mary Steenburgen in "Dead of Winter" and "Time after Time"
and she does bear an uncanny resemblance to Kate at times.  (Must be why I
watch a movie if I find out that Steenburgen is in it.)

      Dave (just another hopelessly smitten Love-Hound)