Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Kate's Looks

From: marcusb@algonet.se (Marcus Bengtson)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 11:01:49 +0100 (MET)
Subject: re: Kate's Looks
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>my only prior knowledge of Kate was very dim memories of the vidoes for
>Cloudbusting and Experiment IV, and you can hardly say she's at her most
>attractive in these!

Yes I can, the final shot in "Experiment IV" is wonderful. KT is, anyway.

>Sure, I was socialized like every other presumed-straight man in the
>Western world to recognize what is "supposed to be" attractive in a
>women, and sure, I can see that Kate fits the bill by most criteria.
>But it makes/made/will make no difference to me.  I just hope she never
>stops making music, no matter how long the wait between albums.

This sounds like a very healthy view of "fandom", and I agree with you.
May she be creative for many years still. And we wouldn't want her to
hurry, because her work would suffer. I'd rather wait another year (nudge,
nudge) than get something today that I wouldn't listen to tomorrow.

>Are there actually any Hounds out there who listen to her primarily
>because she's "hot"?

There probably are, but they must be in lurk-mode. All artist have fans
who are there for different reasons. This reason, though, is a bit weird
in Kate's case, as she's not in the Limelight and therefore harder to get
into for aesthetic reasons. I guess that most LH's are genuine fans of her
music who get to look at a lovely woman when we buy a record, as a bonus.

MB
"I think we're headin' for a hole. A deep dark hole"
                    Dalbello