Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Left hand drive

From: chai@torfree.net (Tippi Chai)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 06:43:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Left hand drive
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Tom Ford <tomivd@spimageworks.com> wrote:

>Kate directed said video and it seems obvious to me that the left-handed drive
>car was her artistic choice as a film-maker.
>
>A right-hand drive car would have made the smooth left-to-right motion of this
>shot impossible.

Is there any reason (film wise) that the whole shot can't be done the other
way i.e. right-to-left? it might have been easier to build the set
the other way around, instead of including a left-handed car which would
be a surprise to the British audience - the main market for this video -
if she hadn't planned for it to have to BE a left-handed car.
--
Tippi Chai   <*>   chai@torfree.net   <*>   Toronto, Canada  <*>  B5-5266
"Initiating 'Getting the Hell out of Here' manoeuvre." - Lennier / Babylon 5