Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KTisGod...

From: "Larry J. Hernandez" <alundra@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 18:47:19 -0700
Subject: Re: KTisGod...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
CC: stevew@vignette.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Rolf Peukert testified:

> Laurie wrote:

>>   And one more thing. Please don't take this the wrong way, everyone, but
>> is it a sign of respect to call someone a God or Goddess?
>> [...]  i just want to know the thought processes behind that. 8)

> I've always made a difference between Catherine Bush, the human being,
> and _Kate_, her stage persona, her creation. Kate can be sensual, angry,
> seductive, happy, sad, a ghost, a murderer, a little girl or superhuman
> if you want to call her that.

Thanks, Rolf.  As the former owner of California license plate KTISGOD,
you've precisely explained my intentions.

> And, we're all waiting for her second coming, aren't we?

I think Kate said it best: "Looking for a moment that'll never happen,
                            Living in the gap between past and future."

:(

> (psssst... personally, I don't believe anyone is really serious with
> "Kate is god", it's just a way of saying "she's so good, she must have
> superhuman powers". But don't tell the others!)

> ciao,
> Rolf

Yup.  Yeah.  And Laurie, to ease your mind even more, my license plate
was delivered to Kate herself (Herself? ;-) for her signature.  I was
told that she easily recognized my harmless reverent (and humourous)
intentions by chuckling before she signed it for me,
"...with love, Kate [KTfemsymbol]"...  Now, Del Palmer, her boyfriend,
(at the '89 KonvenTion) was driven to raised-eyebrow status at first
sight, but that's another story.  :-)

Larry (alundra@flash.net)