Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Blackmore

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 96 06:25:42 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and Blackmore
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>That's really awesome!  Blackmore is one of my favorite guitarists.  I
>hope he puts out that album of acoustic Rennaissance (sp?) stuff he's
>been talking about.  Jimmy Bain (one of Rainbow's many bassists, later
>w/Dio) played bass on "The Dreaming", BTW.
>
>Ozzy Osbourne is also a Kate fan.  Several years back, somebody asked him
>what he listened to on the road, and he mentioned HoL as one of his
>favorites.  Don't have the exact citation, but I definitely remember it.
>I seem to recall that someone in Judas Priest is also a fan of Kate -
>anybody confirm this?

   Yes, they are. The members of Judas Priest are big fans. They
were in one of those "What We Want For Christmas" lists in
a metal mag. At the top of their list was "Kate Bush videos".

   In general, Kate has a surprising number of fans in Metal.In fact,
the most rave reviews Kate has received have been in KERANG!

   An interview from The Dreaming era in KERANG! is at:

http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/reaching/i82_ker.html

   ...and here's a review of The Sensual World single:

She still hasn't married. I just wanted to let you know that before we began:
Kate is A Single Woman, apart from that dodgy bassist she shares a flat with.
Hell, this even comes complete with a pic of her softly caressing a peach, her
fingers gently kneading the soft fuzz of the skin, and when she sings, she
sings of a deep sensuality that ensures that I have to wear baggy trousers
when I dance. Beautiful, warm and ever lasting. I want, I want, I want.. .

   (Indicating that their interest may not be entirely musical...)

   As Kate said "Play it LOUD!"

>John, reformed metalhead

    They really are not mutually exclusive. We've known a number of
Metal/Kate fans...like Wayne "Waynegernade" Henderson. While
I'm not into Metal at all, I do admire the relationship many metal
bands have with their fans...Metallica especially. Buying the front
couple of rows and making people who want them pass a *test*
of knowledge about the band's music is *WONDERFUL*! It rewards
the big fans (and not the ones rich enough to pay scalper prices.)

   If you believe Fred Vermoral, Kate's own taste when she was
a young teen ran to heavy rock...and Rainbow would fit into
that era.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb