Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Homage/mockery from Tori?

From: waldn@ucla.edu (I Came To The Woods Because . . . )
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 07:16:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Homage/mockery from Tori?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

hypnagogue@aol.com wrote:

>I was in Bleecker Bob's this evening and was peeved to see plentiful Tori
>posters and even a shelf dedicated mostly to her CDs, but no Kate to be
>found. More baffling, among the Tori shrine was a CD (boot?) titled
>something to the effect of "Oh, Sweet Old England." I was in a rush so I
>didn't examine this further. Has Tori made any statements about this as a
>sort of final acknowledgment of Kate's influence, or perhaps a sardonic
>barb, out of resentment for the comparisons?

Bootleggers make their titles, so it sounds like the bootlegger may
have made the connection.  Either that, or was thinking of the fact
that one of her residences is in England.  Tori has gained a strong
cult following, and with her tour this year, I can see the store
highlight all the stuff.  I do remember back in 1986, though, when
"The Whole Story" was released that many Tower stores highlighted all
of Kate Bush's albums as well.

Stormin' Norman