Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Homage/mockery from Tori?

From: hypnagogue@aol.com
Date: 25 Nov 1996 05:03:47 GMT
Subject: Homage/mockery from Tori?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I was in Bleecker Bob's this evening and was peeved to see plentiful Tori
posters and even a shelf dedicated mostly to her CDs, but no Kate to be
found. More baffling, among the Tori shrine was a CD (boot?) titled
something to the effect of "Oh, Sweet Old England." I was in a rush so I
didn't examine this further. Has Tori made any statements about this as a
sort of final acknowledgment of Kate's influence, or perhaps a sardonic
barb, out of resentment for the comparisons?

-- Hyp

"Well, that would be very fine behaviour for a Cliff Richard fan! For
someone who thinks the lyrics of 'Devil Woman' have got something to say!"