Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lisa Germano on Kate .....

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:48:51 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Lisa Germano on Kate .....
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Stephanie L. Bush wrote:

> Lisa Germano is a solo artist.  She has three albums out:_Happiness_, _Geek
> the Girl_ and _Excerpts from a Love Circus_

Actually, she has 4 albums. her first is called _On The Way Down
>From The Moon Palace_, and was released by Lisa herself before
she got a record contract. I hope it's re-released someday,
because it's still my favorite. I saw Lisa open for Mouth Music
promoting her first album, and have been a fan ever since.

She's not "Kateish" at all, but I'd highly recommend her to
anyone who likes fractured, tortured folk with very depressing
but fascinating lyrics. And yeah, she play a mean fiddle.

Agreed to the rest of what you said.

Vickie (who doesn't have the most recent one yet)