Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: EMI Manhattan vs. other releases

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:26:58 -0700
Subject: Re: EMI Manhattan vs. other releases
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Stan Yunick wrote:

> Watch out for the quality of the CDs in the Canadian box sets also.  I
> got my hands on a box set a few months ago that contained the cheapo no
> liner notes rereleases of everything except LH and TSW.  Looks like only
> the UK and Japanese versions may be "safe."
>
> Stan

Are all the Canadian boxes that way? That doesn't sound right to
me, and I'm wondering if some store employee might have taken
some of the 'box set' CDs out and replaced them with 'rerelease'
CDs. Is there a way to verify this so that you can take it back?

I once bought a used copy of TSW -- with the number 6 in a
circle on the spine. The reason this is signifigant is that the
only CDs with circled numbers on the spine are from the Japanese
box set. I find it hard to believe that someone would buy the
Japanese box set (the most expensive) and then sell it off in
pieces.

Robb