Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI Manhattan vs. other releases

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:38:36 -0700
Subject: EMI Manhattan vs. other releases
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

If I were going to replace all my Kate LP's with CD's right now, I think I'd
try to find a copy of the box, or I'd look through the used record stores
for the earlier releases import copies.  Earlier pressings of all Kate's
catalogue turn up here regularly.  If there is a particular album you can't
find I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you, and as I mentioned a few weeks
ago, there are two box sets available in my neighborhood for $120. each
(Reckless Records on Haight/Masonic in San Francisco.)  I'd be happy to look
them over for any Love Hound interested.

If EMI Manhattan is going to put out garbage, we shouldn't buy it.  If you
bought EMI CD's and the quality stinks, take them back to the record store
and request a refund -- better yet, write to EMI America and demand a refund
from them. They'll never do a thing about their quality problems if there is
no pressure on them.

We can only hope they decide to sell Kate's catalogue to someone else!

Karen  kln@staralliance.com