Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

If you received the Child Porn spam...

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:41:09 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: If you received the Child Porn spam...
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
cc: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

(thousands of people did)

Chances are good that at least some readers of Ecto and LH
got the spam. If you did, don't write to abuse@aol.com or
take any other action. Believe me, everyone who should know
about it, does know about it. The 2 accounts it came from
have been deleted at AOL, so they've already taken action.

>From what I've learned so far, the name of the person
given at the end of the spam is a real person, but he's
someone who has made lots of enemies on the net, and it
looks like someone is trying to cause massive troubles
for him, big time. Using the net for revenge...my god. :-(

Vickie (who got one too)

More info on news.admin.net-abuse.misc