Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Kate in Oz

From: Andrzej Markiewicz <daisyhed@adelaide.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:22:51 +0930 (CST)
Subject: re: Kate in Oz
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

	Hi Jodie!
	Good to know there is another Kate fan out here!
	Kate was in Australia in 1978 I think; it was a promotional
(i.e., not a concert) tour about the time of the release of Lionheart.
She did a lip-synch version of Hammer Horror on Countdown, was
interviewed by Molly and said "wow" a lot. I guess people would have
tapes of this, or you could contact the ABC.
	My understanding of The Dreaming is that it was inspired more by
Rolf Harris's song "Sunrise" than by actual experiences in Oz- artists
are like that- imagination is often better than being there- perhaps this
is why the obsession with stepping out of the page into the sensual(not
just imaginary) world... "sunrise" would have been one of the first
commercial releases (back in the sixties I think) to feature the dij..
                    Let us know if you do track down the Australian footage.
                               Bye,
					Unjay