Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate videos

From: jeffy@wam.umd.edu (Jeffrey Craig Burka)
Date: 12 Oct 1996 17:45:13 -0400
Subject: Re: kate videos
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <ttuerff-1210961009100001@ip200.phx.primenet.com>,
Tom Tuerff <ttuerff@primenet.com> wrote:
>Hounds of Love, a very strange, somewhat
>pointless video that was Kate's first stab at directing. It's fun to look
>at, but it doesn't go anywhere. She's trying to create an homage to
>Hitchcock, and creates an homage to MTV mentality instead.

Such a pity you're incapable of comprehending the connection between the
video and the song.  The video does, indeed, go somewhere -- the same place
as the song, and it's really quite brilliantly done.  HoL is perhaps the
best of the 4 _HoL_ album videos (though that honor might go to RUTH).

jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|                     |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |