Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Autumn in the Sensual World

From: Heather Almeter <HALMETER@spea.spea.indiana.edu>
Date: 10 Oct 1996 16:18:14 GMT
Subject: Autumn in the Sensual World
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

To everyone who said that The Sensual World is an "autumn"
album, I am totally with you on that one.  That is probably the
best word imaginable to describe it, for all the feelings and images
it evokes.  I can practically hear the leaves crunching under my
feet during the title track!

Someone said they didn't like "Heads We're Dancing" that much,
and it interested me because I tend to play that song over and
over again!  It creates such a piece of film in my head (I'm kind of
glad Kate didn't make a video for it because I like the one I
imagine!), I envision Kate as the narrator of the song, looking like
she did in the "Hounds of Love" video, and there's this man, who
of course turns out to be Hitler, but we never see his face, until
she sees the newspaper... anyway.  I just think it's very strong on
images and I like the chorus as well.  But I don't have any problem
with someone not liking it, that would be silly!  We're all entitled
to our own opinions, and the whole reason we're reading this
newsgroup is because we all generally like Kate and that's the
important thing, not which album we like or song we don't like.
But it's fun and intriguing to compare!

That's all for now, I just felt like I had to say something!  Keep on
gaffin'.  ;-)

Heather