Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

random thoughts again

From: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 18:31:00 EDT
Subject: random thoughts again
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I think that reading what all of you people write is so cool!  Someone asked
about Bjork, and I must say that she is one of my favorite artists.  In the
ROLLING STONE ENCYCLOPEDIA of ROCK, they write that Kate has influenced such
artists as Tori Amos, Bjork, Dolores O'Riordan of Cranberries, Sinead O'Connor,
and Jane Siberry.  With the exception of Jane, who I haven't heard yet, I have
albums by all of these artists.  Sinead is one of my favs., so I'd like to know
what you all think of her.  Another artist I like is Madonna, and I'd prefer
not to hear a lot of insults; I'm just mentioning her because she is the only
artist I really love that was not mentioned in the other group.  Kate, however,
came before all of these women, and I fall more in love with her every day.  I
am doing my best to introduce my friend Sarah to her.  I taped THE KICK INSIDE
for her and sent it to her via mail.  Last night she called and told me how
much she loved it, so I'll be trying some other stuff out on her.  Another
interesting thing is that I played several tracks from THE DREAMING for my
friend Becka, and she really liked them.  And TD is supposed to be the one
that is "inaccessable" to a lot of people, right?  At least that is the case
according to what I've read.  Finally, I'd like to say that I listened to LION-
HEART today and definitely think it has its moments.  Comments?  have fun
folks,

shane