Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: wuthering heights and other thoughts

From: "J. Dunnam" <jdunnam@winternet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 19:22:10 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: wuthering heights and other thoughts
To: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello:

When I first heard that Pat Benatar did Wuthering Heights I was sure I
wouldn't like it.  When I finally heard it, I found I really did.  There
are certain aspects of the original version that one has to forget about
temporarily while listening to Pat--like the waif-like quality of Kate's
voice and the wuthering gales that you (or at least I) can almost hear in
the background.  Otherwise, I think Pat's interpretation is quite
sensitive and passionate.

Cheers,
Jennifer