Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: questions and comments

From: ScottWeb <scwebb@npi.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 11:25:40 -0500
Subject: Re: questions and comments
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Shane (& anyone):

The Whole Story Video has all the videos for the songs on the album plus
"The Big Sky".  The video for "Wow" is sort of a summary of "Live at the
Hammersmith Odeon".

The liner notes for The Whole Story album are ok.  The best thing is
that it shows the cover of all of Kate's singles up until the time TWS
was released.  TWS is needed in your collection for 1) "Wuthering
Heights New Vocal" (arguably slightly better than the original) 2)
"Experiment IV" (but buying the single with the extends is even better)
3) some of Kate's best songs on CD in a different order for variety.

The thing to keep in mind about TWS is that it was intended mostly for
American listeners that started listening to Kate with "Hounds of Love".
It was probably an attempt to expand her popularity in the U.S., not
to impress the already established fans.

I like to refer to it as "The Whole Story (Hardly)".

Yes you can refer to Tori or any other artist.  Read what the
rec.music.gaffa FAQ says about that.  Once I did, it saved me from
embarrassment later.  The people that are asking about "gaffa" need to
read it also.

I've been a Kate fan since 1985. What took me a long time to learn is
that the albums are just the beginning.  There is a whole other world in
the B-sides and demos.  I used to think it was wrong to listen to the
demos, but once you hear them you'll be hooked even more.

I am assuming you know about the Gaffaweb.  Its a great source for
finding out what Kate material is where.

-ScottWeb
scwebb@npi.net