Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TKI--german

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 08:40:51 +0200
Subject: Re: TKI--german
To: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi Kelley!

> Oh, Uli...alas.  When I got your post (are you the expert on TKI
> covers or what!  WOW!)

No, WOW! is a track from Lionheart ;-)

Anyhow, I'm not the expert for TKI covers - I only have the four common
ones in my collection. Call me discographer...

> I toddled over to "Gopher Sounds" and the
> disk was GONE!

Maybe another love-hound was quicker after your first posting? ;-)

Unknown someone: SPEAK UP!  ;-)

>  So I can't answer all your questions, and I guess
> we shouldn't call it an "official" sighting w/o confirmation, but
> it WAS a PINK leotard--with what I would call "spaghtetti straps",
> no buttons or bows or anything, and--I think--a light background.
> and Kate was facing the camera, chin down, eyes up--very beguiling.
> I think it had the same track list as the US TKI, but I didn't
> compare times, credits, or anything.  The front was just the picture,
> with the title and "Kate Bush."   The back was track list and
> the words "Made in Germany."  I didn't notice the record label.

Strange indeed. Maybe it's one of those releases that are pressed in Germany and sold in Japan. Did you recognize any Kanji writing anywhere? Funny
thing is that CDs have a fixed (and high) price in Japan and that you
can get these German-Japanese CDs for a much lower price if they never
were in Japan itself. But I've got a sampler CD that falls into that
category (paid ~DM 20, label says Yen 2600, which is more like DM 30
and would mean that it'd cost DM 35-40 after importing it from Japan),
but that clearly lies in saying "produced in Japan".

Anyhow - I'll check out local record shops in the future to check whether
they changed the cover picture in Germany. I'm living there, you know...

> I was in a hurry yesterday and didn't want to spend $ in
> front of my husband, who doesn't "get it," and besides, I had promised
> myself a video next (just got a publication grant and feel that
> I deserve a little reward before I have to actually WORK on the book).
> I assumed the TKI would "be there later" because stuff usually is at this
> little shop...well, darn it--

Maybe later, and don't worry too much.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]