Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TKI--german

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 00:03:39 +0200
Subject: Re: TKI--german
To: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Kelley wrote:
> That cute little hometown record store here has a Kick Inside CD
> from Germany for $8.99.  It has a stunning photo of Very Young
> KaTe in a little leotard...3 questions--is the music any different
> than the US release with KaTe in jeans and red sox, is the
> sound quality likely to be any different, and is it a "legal"
> release?  At this point, I am NOT trying to collect one of
> every release, but someday would like to own one of every song/
> video (dream on, I guess...).  But the price seems good?

What?

The pink leotard picture for The Kick Inside on a German CD? If that's
really true (can you confirm that?), this would be a new thing for the
discography. Completely new. Can you describe the picture a bit more?
Is there a track listing? For there's a bootleg CD which uses this
picture. But that one is from Korea and has a different name and track
listing (Hammersmith Odeon soundtrack plus three bonus tracks, called
"Live at the Hammersmith Odeon").

Normally, that's the Japanese cover picture. Germany normally has
the same picture as the UK release, which is basically yellow, showing
a big big eye and Kate on a kite. There's six different cover pictures
for The Kick Inside: the UK one (also used in the rest of Europe) showing
the eye and the katekite, the US one (wooden box & red sox - sorry, socks),
the Canadian one (Kate holding her head), the Japanese one (pink leotard),
the yugoslavian one (Kate in a white dress) and the Uruguay one (Kate's
head). The first four are a) relatively easy to find, and b) available
on CD, LP and Cassette in various variants each. The last two are real
rarities and fetch high prices *if* you can find them at all.

The music is the same on all four well known ones, and probably (can anyone
confirm?) on the rarer ones as well.

Except - of course ;-) - for the "generally" better
mastering/pressing/whatever quality of Japanese issues.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]