Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

To tour or not to tour,

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 22:10:28 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: To tour or not to tour,
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

that is the question!  I've only been here a couple of years but I've
seen this one cross the ol' CRT at least once or twice before
already...........

I don't think it really matters what any of us think about what Kate
will or will not do.  She more than likely is not going to, ever.  End of
discussion.  Would she grow as an artist through the experience?  Possibly.
Would it be as perfect as her albums?  No.  Would we all kill for
front row tickets?  Yes.  (She could perform a cappella in her
bathrobe and I'd be there!)  Does it matter?  Nope.

A more interesting point to ponder, perhaps, is what would motivate Kate
to tour?  What does she have to gain by doing it?  Would it be worth the
bother?  Maybe a pros and cons list?  I think looking at it objectively
she has nothing to gain by doing it.  If she gets bored she might
reconsider, but I think that highly unlikely.

She owes us nothing, having already given so much. - John

But Len, don't give up!  Maybe she'll reconsider......