Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Being for the Benefit of Mr. Q

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 19:12:12 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Being for the Benefit of Mr. Q
To: Steve Berlin <stev0@zuni.chaco.com>
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Steve Berlin wrote:

> "Mr Q." <qar@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> >Check out my new Site with a large Kate Bush Section.  Please tell all your
> >friends.

Somehow I missed this post. <laugh>

> Let's say you DO want a list of ONLY (or at least mostly) of bands discussed
> here?  Well, get your browser over to Vickie's List of Ecto Artists:
> http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/
> where you'll find everyone from Tori Amos to Victoria Williams.  Yeah, there
> are a few oddball choices in here (Klaus Nomi?) - but the gold-to-crap ratio
> can only be beat by setting up your own goddamn hotlist.

Thanks! It's out of date especially since Yahoo (Boo!) went and
changed their Artists listings and I haven't gotten around to
erasing any and all traces of Yahoo from the pages. Folks should
know that if they get a dead link to Yahoo, it's because some
brain-damaged cretin thought it would be a good idea to change
the Music section and put Artists into Genre, without adding
links to the new section or even providing an explanation.

I think I got rid of all traces of Yahoo in the Kate FAQ, but
haven't yet added new links to the Ultimate Band Pages.

(I know you've heard this rant Stev0, but you gave me a
good opening and I couldn't resist.)

> Also, Vickie's sub-page of Kate Bush links
> http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/kb.html
>
> beats anything found anywhere (and I'm not saying that just 'cause she
> uses my reviews - I'm saying it 'cause there's EVERYTHING listed here!)

Thanks again!

I'll hang my head in shame and say that it's a bit out-of-date
too. Do you have your latest list of web reviews together? If
you could send them to me, I promise I'll work on it this
weekend. I know there are a few sites I'm missing, I've just
been busy elsewhere.

> listing Tori, Kate, Sarah, and Jane (for some reason someone named
> Happy is also listed).  What more do you need?

She'll be there, she'll be ecto...

> - Stev0, Feeding the Fire

:-)

Vickie