Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 14:36:22 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Mailbag
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> From: "Mr Q." <qar@pacbell.net>
> Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 17:00:37 -0700
> Subject: New Kate Bush Web Site!
>
> Check out my new Site with a large Kate Bush Section.  Please tell all your
> friends.

   I went there with my favorite browser (Lynx) and didn't see anything.

   Please learn about the <NOFRAMES> tag. There is nothing on your site
that wouldn't work perfectly well on any browser with a small amount
of care.

   I did visit the site later with a frames browser (an option not
open to everyone) and saw a fairly short list that didn't include
Gaffaweb at http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/

   Please consider adding it.

> From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:43:47 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: Del Palmer in Videos
>
> On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, bill & wayne wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > ON Sun, 08 Sep 1996 15:19:49 -0500 ScottWeb <scwebb@npi.net> asks:
> >
> > >Does anyone know if Del appears in any of Kate's videos?
> >
> > I do know of one. The Big Sky. There could be others that I'm not aware of.
> >
> > Wayne
>
> I think he appears "in the band" in several videos: Rocket Man. Love &
> Anger, maybe a couple others.

   He is also in "Hounds of Love" at the party, "Experiment IV" (I'd
have to check to be sure.)

> 1)  The cover of the July 1985 issue of Keyboard magazine.  It's available
> at:  http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/wow/K309.jpg with an alternate shot,
> K310.jpg, that is equally good.  This is the first thing I think of when I
> envision Kate; happily sitting at her Fairlight, ready to work.  Not at all
> the fierce otherworldly creature in some of the publicity photos.

   K310.jpg is what I'm using as a wallpaper on my laptop. Its a good
choice, being one of only two images of Kate at a computer keyboard,
the other being the the Wogan "Experiment IV".

   Alright, so a Fairlight is hardly what one would normally consider a
"computer", but it was sold as a general purpose business computer in
Australia originally.

   OK, for 200 points: What is recorded on the two reels of tape
sitting on the Fairlight keyboard in the photo?