Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: MORE COMMENTS

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 13:40:27 -0500
Subject: RE: MORE COMMENTS
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>

> Ah!! <slaps forehead> Duh on me! I get it now, This has nothing
> to do with Gaffaweb, but a "get back" at Stev0's slap at that
> Frames site a while back, and Chris's rant against eliteism
> in web sites. So, basically, you're willing to hurt Wieland's
> feelings because Stev0 and Chris hurt that other guy's feeling.

[topic 1]

Nope.  You don't get it.  It was an offhanded remark. It
had nothing to do with Gaffaweb's completeness.  It was
an opinion.  You are too defensive and too willing to
take people on.  As for the rants, the positions I took
then I still hold.  Pound a newbie for honest effort,
get pounded.  That is the sad bit here.  I wouldn't
hurt Wieland's feelings for two backstage passes
to Kate's next concert.  He's a good egg.

[topic 2]

I want kate to tour in my lifetime.  I want to stand up front
with all of you to cheer her on.  Anyone think that
is bad, tough.  Anyone tired of litanies, well, we all
get tired of something.  Maybe Kate won't tour because
she doesn't think the natives will be happy to find out
the GreatBwana is just a pretty gal with a beautiful voice and
a genius for songwriting.  Just that, nothing more.
The miracle, the divinity, the gift from God is that
she is human, and she can do all that.  I'm awed by
that reality.  I don't need to mythologize her to
escape it or accept it.

OTH, I love the drawings, the poems and
all the other fantasies generated by her fans.  They are art.
They are cool.  Gaffaweb is cool.

len