Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All the Love

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 06:48:03 -0700
Subject: Re: All the Love
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

rave123@pipeline.com wrote:
> Well, there is a common theme in that there is a profound personal loss
> felt in both songs.  The difference is that "All the Love" is sung from the
> perspective of someone who has died and sees the reactions of surviving
> loved ones, whereas "Moments of Pleasure" is the reverse: someone mourning
> the loss of loved ones who have passed on.  But, yes, I suppose they are
> two sides of the same coin.
>
> All the love,
> Rave

	I've always pictured "Here come the hills of time" and
all the following "Hey there's" to friends and family as Kate's
own death. I believe the names are listed in reverse order of
their deaths and that, as she dies, each one is coming to her to
welcome her.
	Of course, the vid for MoP doesn't support this, so
maybe it's my thought alone.  :-)

	Robb