Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

simbolizm

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 02:34:14 -0700
Subject: simbolizm
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Now, this kind of thing makes me pig-biting mad - people
are STILL talking about what The Ninth Wave means.  Worse,
some folks STILL think it has something or other to do with
someone drowning.  Pish-tosh, I say!  Let's get to what Kate
is REALLY singing about in this epic work - she's really talking
about:

The O.J. Simpson trial!

That's right!  Let's look at it, cut-by-cut (if you'll pardon the
expression):

1.  And Dream of Sheep - OJ is resting soundly in bed, unaware
of what The Real Killer is doing.

2.  Under Ice - If this doesn't SCREAM "Slow chase with a
white Ford Bronco", I don't know what DOES.

3.  Waking the Witch - A trial.  GET IT?!?!

4.  Watching You Without Me - O.J. is thinking of Nicole, vowing,
once the trial is over, to search for The Real Killer.

5. Jig of Life - Something or other to do with DNA testing, I think.

6. Hello, Earth - Here, O.J. realizes his situation is plastered
all over the planet.  He's literally saying "Hello" to all of us!

7. The Morning Fog - O.J. is pronounced innocent.  He's
showing his gratitude here.

Now, I hope this settles it once and for all!

- Stev0 the Houseguest

P.S. Come to think of it, the Hounds of Love side is rather
suspect, too:  "A Deal with God"?  "Mother Stands for Comfort"?