Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All the Love

From: rave123@pipeline.com
Date: 23 Aug 1996 15:26:45 GMT
Subject: Re: All the Love
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <960823002958_508008759@emout18.mail.aol.com>, SamiT007@aol.com
writes:

>The first question I have is:  Who is the background singer in "All the
Love"
>you know, the one who sings, "I wait for your love..."  (and a few other
>lines that I can't always distinguish that last word of)?  I am almost
>positive that it's not Kate--the voice is breathy and has a different tone

>than Kate's.   Does anyone know?

That part was sung by a choirboy by the name of Richard Thornton.

>Also, does anyone else see the striking similarities between All the Love
and
>Moments of Pleasure?  I've always loved both these songs, and now I almost

>see them as different versions of the same story.  Different aspects of
the
>same theme are brought out, but they fit so well together!  Perhaps I'm
the
>only one who thinks so, too.  If so, tell me I'm a nut...I can handle it.
> Many other Love-Hounds have previously! :-)

Well, there is a common theme in that there is a profound personal loss
felt in both songs.  The difference is that "All the Love" is sung from the
perspective of someone who has died and sees the reactions of surviving
loved ones, whereas "Moments of Pleasure" is the reverse: someone mourning
the loss of loved ones who have passed on.  But, yes, I suppose they are
two sides of the same coin.

All the love,
Rave