Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All the Love

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:29:58 -0400
Subject: Re: All the Love
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hey there Love-Hounds/Gaffans,

The last several days, I've been entranced by "All the Love".  Well,
actually, I've been entranced (for the 10,000'th time) by all of The
Dreaming.  I have a lot of new observations and questions after listening to
it many many times these past few days.  I'll spare you all of them for now.

The first question I have is:  Who is the background singer in "All the Love"
you know, the one who sings, "I wait for your love..."  (and a few other
lines that I can't always distinguish that last word of)?  I am almost
positive that it's not Kate--the voice is breathy and has a different tone
than Kate's.   Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone else see the striking similarities between All the Love and
Moments of Pleasure?  I've always loved both these songs, and now I almost
see them as different versions of the same story.  Different aspects of the
same theme are brought out, but they fit so well together!  Perhaps I'm the
only one who thinks so, too.  If so, tell me I'm a nut...I can handle it.
 Many other Love-Hounds have previously! :-)

~~~Samantha

P.S.  I can't resist one more question--what does Kate sing (in Suspended in
Gaffa) right before she sings "I'm not afraid of strangers" (or something
like that--I don't have it with me right now to double check my accuracy!)  ?