Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat the Music

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:05:31 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Eat the Music
To: Jeffrey Craig Burka <jeffy@wam.umd.edu>
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 4 Aug 1996, Jeffrey Craig Burka wrote:

> and Alan Stonebridge:
>
> >The music itself is really energetic... I think that's apparent from the
> >video
>
> This idea that we need the *video* to unlock the emotion or grasp the
> energy of the song is simply ridiculous.  "Eat the Music," like all of
> KaTe's work, does not need a video to aid comprehension; the song stands on
> its own.

I wasn't saying that the video is necessary, just pointing out that the
video is as energetic as the song on its own. And while the video might
not be absolutely needed to aid comprehension, sometimes it helps one
heck of a lot... "Cloudbusting" and "Experiment IV" stand out in my mind
- could you have imagined "The Thing" in the latter video?

Alan.