Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Please don't start picking "Eat the Music" apart... PLEASE!

From: jeffy@wam.umd.edu (Jeffrey Craig Burka)
Date: 4 Aug 1996 09:51:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Please don't start picking "Eat the Music" apart... PLEASE!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Let me start by saying that I absolutely adore "Eat the Music", as I have
since I bought the single the day it was released in September of '93.  I
find the sing exciting: musically, vocally, and lyrically.

That said, I was a little disturbed by comments made by woj:

>there is also an emotional aspect to this song. the key to unlocking
>this facet is the look on KaTe's face in the video.

and Alan Stonebridge:

>The music itself is really energetic... I think that's apparent from the
>video

This idea that we need the *video* to unlock the emotion or grasp the
energy of the song is simply ridiculous.  "Eat the Music," like all of
KaTe's work, does not need a video to aid comprehension; the song stands on
its own.

jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|                     |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |