Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Please don't start picking "Eat the Music" apart... PLEASE!

From: Debra Dick <debra@preston1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 21:17:32 +0100
Subject: Re: Please don't start picking "Eat the Music" apart... PLEASE!
To: rec-music-gaffa@news.Belgium.EU.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91-941213.960801223509.8938A-
100000@altair.dur.ac.uk>, Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.u
k> writes
>On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Alexander Fuchs wrote:
>
>> Yes, "eat the music" is a good candidate for a poor Kate Bush song.
>> Fortunately there are not many of them!
>
>Nooooooo... I can't stand it any longer, all this criticism... why is it
>that some of my favourite songs seem to be the ones everyone else hates?
>Please, if there's anybody else out there who finds EtM one of the most
>happy, glorious, wonderful (and sexual) songs ever, please help me defend
>it - I beg you!
>
>Alan.

Goodness, my first post, and I've been lurking for 6 1/2 years! Is that
a record lurk?

I find EtM to be inexplicably *exciting*, it makes me want to dance and
skip and do all sorts of things that I don't normally feel compelled to.

Any song that makes me *want* to dance around naked in the loungeroom
*has* to be a good thing. (Of course, I close the curtains first! :-))
--
Debra