Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Songs I've been deprived of !

From: heisjohn@aol.com (He Is John)
Date: 3 Aug 1996 11:00:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Songs I've been deprived of !
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In message <2A84CFB7BF8@acadamh.ucd.ie>,  ("SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG")
writes:

>I would really appreciate any information about the Kate track "Show
>a little Devotion " ,what does it sound like ? Is it a throwaway
>B-side or is it interesting ?

Real interesting -- the perfect companion piece to "Moments Of Pleasure"
on the CDS it appears on.

Interestingly, Sean also writes:
> Does anyone else agree with me that, while slightly overblown
>,the track You Want Alchemy contains some of Kates' most beautiful
>imagery ?

About 1:30 into "...Devotion", it reminds me a whole lot of "...Alchemy".
Imagery aside, "Alchemy" is incredible!  It really deserved to be included
on "Red Shoes" (instead of "Eat The Music" perhaps?)...