Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What is the source of this song?

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 96 14:29:11 +0200
Subject: Re: What is the source of this song?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Gregg P. wrote:
> Someday, I really want to sit down with a good audio editor and remix
> HoL to start with the violin/drums beginning of the alternate version and pick
> up with the standard album version just after the "it's in the trees/it's
> coming" bit -- just like her live performance....  I love that beginning.

Good idea. I once tried to mix both versions together, to have a Kate duet
and the violin (cello?) throughout. Unfortunately they don't have exactly
the same tempo: when you sync up the beginnings, they are half a beat off
in the end (and both vocals together didn't sound _that_ great anyway...).

Rolf
--
where's the Gaffaweb??
It _is_ Saturday and the password protection is still there!