Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What is the source of this song?

From: "Gregg P." <greggp@cris.com>
Date: 2 Aug 1996 18:16:43 GMT
Subject: Re: What is the source of this song?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Craig S Thomson <fyrdman@selway.umt.edu> wrote in article
<4ttctv$l8r@umt.umt.edu>...
> Greetings, Lovehounds!
>
> 	I have a bootleg version of "Hounds of Love" which begins with
> a soft violin movement slowly building up to a crescendo before the
> percussion begins.  This is NOT the same version which is on the US CD.
> Does anyone know on which album this was first released, and where I
> might track it down?

Hi Craig,

Sounds like Hounds of Love (Alternate Version) -- are the vocals all
different,
too?  If so, it's the alternate version.  If the vocals are the same, it's
probably
a boot of the live performance (lip-synched) of HoL she did at some British

music awards show (it's on the LoveHounds collection somewhere...).

Hounds of Love (Alternate Version) can be found on This Woman's Work
Volume 2 (part of the box set), or on a variety of This Woman's Work
bootleg
CDs (the most common I've seen is the "Extended Editions" which include
Rocket Man, Candle in the Wind, or remixes of Rubberband Girl...).

Someday, I really want to sit down with a good audio editor and remix
HoL to start with the violin/drums beginning of the alternate version and
pick
up with the standard album version just after the "it's in the trees/it's
coming"
bit -- just like her live performance....  I love that beginning.

-- Gregg

"doobie-do-do, doobie-da-da"