Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Computer terminology

From: w3fuch02@fsrz2.rz.uni-passau.de (Alexander Fuchs)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 09:39:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Computer terminology
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <199607301913.OAA14822@aspen350.cray.com>, btd@cray.com (Bryan Dongray) wrote:
?

Hello dear Kate-Fans!

>On "press Execute". How do you know it's not a mouse driven application?
>ie point and click, where you WOULD point at a "button" that could
>very easily have "Execute" on it?

I think lyrics of a good song might very well differ a bit from reality to
make people think about the song. "Press execute" is a good example. I think
it expresses more than  "press enter" would express. "Press execute" makes me
think of the consequences involved with pressing this button. There may be
bad/good things as a result - on the screen and indirectly also for the person
in front of the computer.
"Press enter" would not have inspired me at all, just a button on my keyboard.

Alexander Fuchs