Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Computer terminology

From: Allen Brunson <brunson@techcontrol.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 00:14:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Computer terminology
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> I think lyrics of a good song might very well differ a bit from
> reality to make people think about the song. "Press execute" is a
> good example. I think it expresses more than  "press enter" would
> express. "Press execute" makes me think of the consequences involved
> with pressing this button. There may be bad/good things as a result -
> on the screen and indirectly also for the person in front of the
> computer. "Press enter" would not have inspired me at all, just a
> button on my keyboard.

Ooooh, ow!  Okay, Alexander, you win the prize for wounding my original
argument the worst.  I go so far as to concede the point to you.

Hmmm ... wonder if I'll like the song now?  Not sure ... the other
cliches are still in there, after all ...

Allen
--
I don't trust you
Why should you trust me?  -- The Clash