Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In defense of The Sensual World

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 00:04:39 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: In defense of The Sensual World
To: monroe/fisher <spike45@sos.sos.net>
cc: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, monroe/fisher wrote:

> "Straight Down the Middle" is one of best on the album, IMHO. Love the
> ending. I think it ends in a Cm7 with Kate's "voices" (ooo, ooo) singing F
> and D. The chord might actually be Cm and Bb combined. Almost disonant, and
> unresolved (straight down the middle?).

Nice and technical... great for those of us who don't know a thing about
that stuff :)

> Best songs on TSW IMO:
> The Sensual World
> Love and Anger
> The Fog
> Never be Mine
> Straight Down the Middle

WHAT? What about "This Woman's Work"... that was the track that inspired
me to buy the album, after I heard it in "She's Having A Baby" a few
years ago.

> The longest I've strayed from Kate is 3 years. I found her too painful to
> listen to after the end of a long (17 yr) relationship. "Under the Ivy"
> would bring me to tears everytime, and sometimes still does.

Try "Moments of Pleasure" when you feel like that and try and get that
feeling of the good times :)

Alan.