Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic

From: maybe the last real beer in america <woj@remus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:55:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

also sprach "Mackay Jim - Kan. Av." <mackeyj@kan.marconi.ca>:

>devotions) but I rarely listen to it.  I find it hard to generate the
>emotional energy required to listen to it  and it seems offensive to try and
>listen casually.  Has anyone had this type of reaction to something of
>Kate's?

absolutely. i find  _the dreaming_ an exhausting listen and rarely find
myself inclined to listen to it since it does take so much effort to do
so.

going even further, it's impossible for me to have a "casual" listen to
_the dreaming_. it's so intense and involving that if i did try to
listen while doing something else, i'd have to stop doing one or the
other.

woj